Daemen College Speaker Series
A Collaboration between the WNY Book Arts Center and Daemen College’s Leadership and Entrepreneurship in the Arts B.S. Program.
Daemen College Virtual Speaker Series
Join us for a series of three (3) virtual presentations hosted by Book Arts & led by faculty from Daemen College’s Leadership and Entrepreneurship in the Arts Program (LEA), dedicated to advancing leadership opportunities in the arts.
Presentation topics include introductions to: artists as entreprenuers, non-profit leadership, grant writing, marketing & branding, client management, & more!
The virtual Daemen College Speaker Series is intended for artists and arts curious folks interested in learning about or working in a creative field. All experience levels are welcome to attend. Registration is free!
Upcoming Events › Daemen College
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Daemen College. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
Watch Recordings of Speaker Series Sessions
About Leadership and Entrepreneurship in the Arts B.S. Program.
Our graduates can work in meaningful leadership positions in both non-profit or profit arts organizations or become successful, self-sustaining artists. Crafted with the help of 30 leading arts professionals, our program prepares students to find jobs, both locally and globally, within many different settings, including museums, symphonies, theatres, and more.
- Enjoy creative flexibility, with a wide range of classes from many different fields, including business, marketing, entrepreneurship, fine arts, the performing arts, and more.
- Embrace entrepreneurial opportunities, including projects and internships with leading professional arts organizations in WNY’s vibrant and diverse culture.
- Study abroad to learn art history in Rome and Florence, art and entrepreneurship at the Venice Biennale, and more.
- Work together to develop and manage a creative enterprise, such as an exhibition, production or radio show.
- Gain skills in financial management, marketing, organizational, programming, and event planning.
The Department of Visual and Performing Arts at Daemen College has, for a long time now, been determined to provide graduates in the fine and performing arts with the skills needed to succeed as creatives. The growth of the start-up and gig economies, coupled with changes within the not-for-profit cultural sector, led us to design a new program that can provide students with both a deep foundation in the arts, and the skills needed to succeed as creative professionals
The LEA program challenges students to energize the creative economy with innovative new ideas. How can we make it more accessible? How can we make sure every voice is heard? This is the spirit of entrepreneurship, and it is underpinned by a relentless commitment to creativity.