Screen Printing Basics
November 9 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$130 – $150
Hands-on classes in the Book Arts Studio!
Learn the ins & outs of screen printing. Participants will learn the basics of designing for screen print, prepping & making stenciled screens, paper & print prep, and of course printing by hand. This class will cover basic one-layer printing on paper and fabric pieces, possible projects include: a set of greeting cards, posters, t-shirts, tote bags or tea towels.
By successfully completing this Screen Print Basics class, participants gain the necessary skills to work independently in our Screen Print Studio and become eligible to book Open Studios. Open Studio is available for Book Arts Members only–become a Member here.
Cost: $150, $130 Members
Things to Note:
• Makers of all skill levels are welcome. This class is suitable for ages sixteen+.
• Completed screen print basics projects will be one design per person and one layer/color as a folded or flat greeting card or print up to 11″x14″ in a maximum edition of approx. 10 prints (number of copies).
• All necessary tools and materials needed to participate are provided. Participants are responsible for any fabric pieces to print.
• Screen print class size is limited to 4 participants to ensure quality of instruction.
• Please read our ‘Plan your visit‘ page to review our health & safety procedures.
•Participants are required to sign a waiver upon arrival to class to participate in the Studio Workshop. Thank you.
Any questions about the class please email [email protected]
REGISTER FOR THE CLASS HERE
About the Teaching Artist
Deganis-Librera is a screen printer and illustrator from Buffalo, NY. He started screen printing in 2014, and has worked in several very different shops printing thousands of orders from small local businesses to epic clients. Since then, he has started his own business screen printing his original artwork.