Western New York Book Arts Center
TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Book Arts Board of Trustees
Position Open Until Filled
The Book Arts Center is a nonprofit cultural organization that promotes greater understanding of printing and book-related arts through education, creation, and exhibition for a broad and diverse community.
Centrally located in downtown Buffalo, NY
Letterpress and screen printing studios for public use
Book Arts owns its recently renovated building
Just Buffalo Literary Center occupies the 2nd floor
HISTORY AND BACKGROUND
For a complete history of Book Arts please visit: wnybookarts.org
Reporting to the Board of Directors, The Executive Director key duties are to:
- Serve as lead spokesperson for the organization’s mission and goals, including with the media, partner organizations, and policymakers
- Oversee the organization’s communications strategy to effectively advance and support program goals
- Seek meaningful community partnerships in support of Book Arts’ mission with partner organizations, volunteers, corporate sponsors, and individuals
- Serve as the organization’s lead fundraiser and donor steward
- Work closely with a contracted grant writer to submit proposals at the federal, state, and local levels
- Promote diversity and inclusion at all levels of Book Arts’ organization
- Lead in the strategic planning by collaborating with staff, the Board, and key stakeholders to develop innovative strategies to fulfill the organization’s mission
- Actively engage, support, and maintain effective communications with a strong and diverse Board of Directors, including implementing an annual development plan
- Ensure long term fiscal viability with commitment to integrity and diverse earned revenue streams
Operations, Facilities & Finance
- Manage the Book Arts Team in a supervisory capacity including all HR and employee benefit related needs ensuring compliance in all facets of the organization with mandated issues
- Maintain appropriate records for independent contractors
- Manage Book Arts property and leasing for second floor tenant
- Manage Book Arts operational cash flow in line with approved budget and submit bi-weekly payroll
- Ensure timely reporting to the board of directors and funders as requested
The Executive Director is a full-time position; salary is negotiable dependent upon experience and qualifications commensurate with a fully-engaged, medium scale non-profit organization.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter, résumé, and other relevant materials online at: [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applications cannot be accepted by regular mail or at any other email address. Please no calls or inquiries to the Book Arts office or staff, thank you.